Ford Escort 95 central locking

I wonder if anyone can help me please? My Father ownes a 1995 Ford Escort which has developed a fault with the central locking. It is impossible to get into
any of the doors except the boot(Trunk). I did manage to open the door from inside , but this sent the cental locking into a frenzy of locking and unlocking. Is this a known problem? Thanks Simon Spiers
hiya,
sounds like the switch has fallen off one of the front door locks, suspect the drivers door first. you should still be able to get into the car using the key tho', or does it just lock again straight away?
We have sorted the problem out now thanks. There is a small spring that pulls the lock lever down and activates a small micro switch , that must tell the central locking system if the door is closed or not. The spring had snaped at the end so i reformed it and put it back in place. All is now well ;-) Thanks for your input. Simon Spiers