Ford Escort AC Problems

I have a 99 Ford Escort and it has some air conditioner problems, I have ran some tests and it doesn't need to be recharged. The clutch isn't engaging
on the air conditioner, unless I bypass it and go straight from the battery to the compressor. When I ran some preliminary tests I can't find anything wrong. I did find something dealing with the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) and if it is ground out or closed it won't engage the air conditioner compressor. I am at a stand still, I can't figure out where the WOT is and also I don't have the right schematics. Is there anyone that can help me out with this?
Thanks
Shane
check the low pressure switch, and the tps.