ford escort airbag light

can anyone tell me what it means when your airbag light flashes on dash please, garage havent seen it yet and said its electrics and it needs a diagnostic. thanks

Reply to
tracebc

Sounds like you got the right infomation. A technician needs to do a diagnostic. I would recommended, ASAP. Since the SRS is part of what keeps you safe in an accident, you should have it looked at NOW.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

It could be as simple as a "Low Battery" code that got set when you changed the car battery. A Tech with a code scanner can tell you why in about a minute, and clear the light in about one minute more.

Get it checked - the airbags are disabled when that light is set.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Just curious.

His flashes. Does that mean it disabled or would just work at less power?

I know this is a ford group. Does this also apply to other brands?

Greg Rozelle

Reply to
Greg Rozelle

Work at "less power"??? What, like the bag only inflates halfway or what???

If the light is on or if the light is flashing, the restraints control module believes that there is a malfunction in the system.... it will not attempt to use even part of the system.

Lights and strange noises are some of the very limited ways our cars are able to say "I'm hurtin'"... We should listen....

Reply to
Jim Warman

thanks for your help. its gonna cost me 30 quid to have garage do it but im guna ring aa when i get to work and let them do it, i might as well get my moneys worth hadnt I. thanks again

Reply to
tracebc