Ford Escort and Others - Tire Rotation

I rotated the tires on my Escort and noticed that there was a pull to the right while accelerating over 60 mph.
I took the front tires and switched left to right and right to left -
no more pulling.
The previous owner(s) never rotated the tires and the wear patterns indicate this.
Although it may seen like a nusence item, rotate your tires to get the longest life and best handling.