Ford Escort Diesel

I have a 1994 Ford Escort 1.8 TD and have just replaced the hand primer which was faulty, however i am now having problems starting the car and it is very chuggy when it does start i think it may either have air trapped in
it or it is getting air in from somewhere.
I couldn't find a blead screw so can't blead the system has anybody got any ideas?
cheers
Simon

Change your fuel filter too, then you can bleed by cracking open the lines right at the injectors while its cranking or running.