Ford Escort does not start sometimes

Hi!
This is European Ford Escort, 1991, 1.6 Liter CVH engine, with EFI and EDIS ignition. When runs, it runs quite ok. But sometimes it is impossible to start. It
turns, just does not start. Strangest thing is that it easily starts when pulled by another car.
Spark seemed to be weak, so I replaced ignition coil. That did not help. What should I check?
Problem is that it always starts ok when I get it to place where I can check something...
KPL
If this is a mk5 escort, first thing i would check is the fuse box under the driver side dash. they have/had a habit of burning out. check all the fuses and where the fuses go into the fuse box for any brow patches that may suggest bad contacts.

I'm from the US, I used to have a 1990 Ford Escort LX (American model) with a 1.5 liter engine and had similar problems. I went through several troubleshooting techniques. I checked the battery, the alternator, the wirings and the spark plugs. They were fine. Then, I had a friend help me troubleshoot it. He found that the starter didn't want to kick in. So, I had to get a new starter installed. I would suggest that you check the starter. If it doesn't kick in, you may want to replace the starter.

Thanks for Your reply. Starter is OK, since it turns the engine with no problem. The engine just does not start! Now it's about week since this problem has not appeared and car starts and runs ok. But Hopefully I will check all the wiring once again and the fuse/relay board at the weekend...
KPL

You're welcome. However, It's a good idea to double check the wiring and fuse/relay board. If problem continues, let us Ford motorheads know on here.
~CyberWolf

ive only just subscribed so i didnt see your OP. did you get it sorted ? what was the problem you was having ? let me guess - the engine would turn over but not fire/start and when it did start it run ok ? am i right ?