Ford Escort Ignition

Hello, this is one of the first posts i have done. I have a major problem..

I own a 91 Ford Escort LX auto, the other morning i woke up and it wouldn't start. The starter motor turns over fine however when i pulled the plugs there was no spark. I have replaced all the plugs, wires, distributor. All the fuses are intact and have a good current running through them.

Also when i turn on the ignition i don't get any dash lights however the car lights and stereo work fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance..

Nico snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Reply to
Nico

Nico opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

assume you mean the warning indicators and dont hear the fuel pump either then..

after checking all fuses in underhood distribution box, follow with checking the Relay Module (CCRM)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

current

however

Thank you for the help. Any ideas as to where this is located

Reply to
nvanh

opined in news:

Nope.. but you might follow the wiring from the battery positive terminal

Go to parts store and get a book, sometimes libraries have them

Go to autozone.com, repair info and see if the component locater under "repair info" has it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have located the unit but really have no idea how i test it.. I am assuming i test with a 12 volt voltmeter

Reply to
nvanh

No spark, ignition module perhaps?

Reply to
sleepdog

Would the ignition module cause the hazard and fuel pump not too work?

Reply to
nvanh

Nico,

Have you verified that the timing belt is not broken? When they break the engine turns over much easer, the sound is different and of course there's no spark.

Just a thought

Gene from Georgia

Reply to
EUGENE KIMBALL

Not on this planet, but multiple failures can and do occur, especially electrical. Maybe the ignition module and a couple of relays got fried somehow.

I jumped my car recently and it took out the backup light switch and brake light on-off switch. Why? Not sure, but I think it had something to do with a bad connection on one of the battery terminals that I corrected while the jump starter had a full load of juice in it. I think the resulting spike hastened the demise of some of more worn out parts.

Multiple failures, single root cause.

Matt

Reply to
sleepdog

Hiya,

if it's a UK model try:-

Check the 2 x 10 zillion amp fuses on the inner wing, Then check the ignition switch. The "ignition on" "start" and "auxilary" circuits are all seperate inside the switch, so you could still get your stereo and lights and start but not the power to everything else. Short the wires on the back of the switch (put the gearbox in neutral first) and see if you get the dash lights.

pottsy

Thanks alot! I pulled the ignition switch and shorted it out, was able to get my fuel pump going, dash lights and got spark! So now i can drive it if i wanna hard wire it! LOL!

Reply to
nvanh