Ford Escort Intermittent Starting Problem

Hi All, I have a 98 Ford Escort Wagon LX, which has given me starting problems, both times after going through a Car Wash. The engine doesn't crank, the battery looks good (all lights are bright). Boosting the car doesn't help ofcourse. After leaving the car for 2 -

10 hours, the car STARTS up.

This is what I have done so far.

- Cleaned Battery Terminals

- Tried Changing from Park to Neutral back to Part and tried to start thinking it would be neutral/park sensor. No Cigar.

- Checked Ground to chasis...its fine.

Again, as mentioned, it starts up after 2 - 10 hours, so I am thinking it is moisture related, but not sure where. I have heard some people mentioning cable going to starter relay? Not sure what the problem could be. Anyone experience similar problem?

Reply to
Persist4

How many miles are on the car? I'd be checking the spark plug wires.

Reply to
scott21230

Although your problem is not Escort specifc, or even Ford specific, you might learn a few things by going here:

scott21230

I have a 98 Escort sedan that acted similar. Turned out to be the starter motor.

John

Reply to
John Perry