ford escort starting problems

hi, regarding my previous post, I just thought I would add.
I know if the car wont start while I crank the starter motor as the rev counter needle does
not move, if the rev counter jumps a bit while cranking it starts, I read that this could be an ignition fault
thanks

read
Yeah, it would. If it has a distributor, then check the pickup or ignition module.
Check for initial little bounce when you turn key on.. says coil is getting power, though does not rule out coil.
If it doesnt have Distributor, is probably still ignition module... or Crank/cam position sensor
And please post "IN THREAD", next time... helps keep things straight.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

I dont think it has a distibuter and no I dont get a little bounce when I turn the ignition on only when I go to start the engine, how do I check the cam position sensor

By any chance... does the starter sound "different" when it doesn't start?

I dont think it sounds different as it starts instantly if its going to start at all, even when it doesnt start the starter seems to be doing its job no problem, what do I know though

read