Ford Escort Wiring problem

My friend has a 93 Ford Escort...1.9 lit engine i believe...He has had ignition switch problems in the past...changed 3 times....Yesterday..all of the sudden his wipers and heaters stopped
working (blower)..while driving. We check fuses --all good..no sign of loose wires...could this be somehow affected to the ignition switch???....maybe faulty wiring in replaced ignition switch?...any advice is appreciated.Thanks!
Check the wiring connections behind the fuse box too.