Ford Excursion Fuel Economy

Because the government (epa) doesnt want to tell me, I decided to take the matter to the masses....
Will those of you who own Excursions with the diesel engines please
tell what you are getting for gas mileage on the highway without towing anything?
I hope you are not putting "gas" in the diesel tank!
Fuel Economy: 11 average mpg. Ford lists no fuel mileage on its website, as the Excursion is sufficiently heavy to no longer be subject to EPA fuel standards. So you will not find it on the Government web page as well.

11 MPG? There's reason not to buy one if I ever heard it
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:09:33 -0400, "Cory Dunkle"

Does the Excursion really get such poor mileage compared to an F-250? Is it just the weight or does it have to do with drag?