Ford Expedition Odors Anyone else?

First of all, our model is a 2002 & it is not from mildew or mold, etc... It is more of a chemical smell that actually burns your nose & eyes. It doesn't happen all the time. Mostly when the AC is not on automatic & is on recirculation air. The Service dept. has replaced the evap., evap case, & seal. This seemed to help for awhile, but now it is back. I've had it in the garage 6 times & they say they can't find anything wrong that would make this smell. Any ideas on this? It really makes me sick to drive very long in it. Carol

Reply to
Carol

Carol opined in news:Cd6Sc.11618$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.texas.rr.com:

FIRST Dont use recirc,

ESPECIALLY on any car with a tailgate

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Why not? I have an Escape and use recirc all the time, both with heat and cool. The humidity here will kill you otherwise, and the summers are so hot, fresh air A/C ain't all that cool. I don't drive with the tailgate or tail window open (like some people do), and I'm sure my seals are good enough to keep any exhaust out. I've never developed a headache on long trips (or short ones either, for that matter), and I don't get any exhaust smell in the car.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom