Ford Explorer 1999 headlight turns on and off

Hi..... My headlight on 1999 Explorer started turning on and off. After a while it is no headlight. I have the parking light in front and back. When putting the hi beam on it is also light off. But I can get hi beam on when holding the pin for blinking with high beam. Any one having any Ide? I have read about the bad connections on a LOM relay, but that was on a

1997. And I can not find any LOM relays on this 1999 model. Can anyone please help??? Regards, Tor Elling Rustad.
Reply to
Tor Elling Rustad

Check your main fuse block for rust and shorts. It is located behind the dash to the left of the steering column. The Fords (Explorers & F-150) of that year had a channel in the roof line on both sides. This allowed water to leak behind the top of the windshield running down onto fuse block. I had this problem, after changing fuse block twice, I had windshield re-sealed stopping the leaks. I haven't had a problem since.....

Reply to
melchizedek