Ford Extended Warranty Claim Denied w TSB! (ESPP - premium care)

I've got an 01 F-150, extended cab, 4wd. 60k miles.
It has a Ford ESPP (premium care) until 75k miles. This is Ford's most inclusive (and expensive) warranty)
Recently the truck developed a "clunk" in the front end when deflecting the wheel at slow speeds. Particularly when switching from forward to reverse, or vice versa.
So the truck went into Ford. Ford found that the cross member is loose and it needs to be resecured to the truck, via removing the loose rivets, bolting it down, and adding some sort of glue to something. They also need to allign the truck.
There is a TSB on this issue: Bulletin No: 15502 Summary Description: CONCERNS WITH POP/CLUNK/CLICK NOISE FROM THE FRONT SUSPENSION WHEN MAKING LOW-SPEED TURNS IN FORWARD OR REVERSE GEARS.
Ford says that this is *NOT* covered by the ESPP - even premium care, because this sort of fix is an "adjustment" of the crossmember. Nevermind the fact that crossmembers are not made to be adjusted. They are saying that if the crossmember was to be replaced, that such would be covered.
From what I can read in regard to the specifics of the warranty, the following is covered: "Front suspension - Ball Joints (Upper and Lower) Control Arms (Upper and Lower) Control Arm Shafts and Bushings Kingpins and Bushings Linkage and Bushings Load Leveler Suspension System MacPherson Struts (Front and Rear) Spindle and Spindle Supports Springs Stabilizer Bar Tie Rods"
What is NOT covered: "Mechanical Service adjustments and cleaning, battery and cables, belts and hoses, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), coolant, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lubricants, lights (bulbs, sealed beam, lenses), manual clutch disc, shock absorbers, spark plugs and wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, wiper blades, wheel studs, and compressed natural gas/liquid propane fuel system components. "
I believe the the dealer is saying the removing a crossmember and having to reattach is a "service adjustment". I might let this fly if the crossmember was made to be removed or adjusted, but we all know that this might as well be a piece of the frame!
Advice / opinions?

Stating the obvious, I am going with Toyota from now on. Seven Fords have I owned and Ford won't stand behind their product anymore.
My transmission failed after they reprogrammed the PCM and they deny any involvement.
Looks like the foreign car makers have finally won me over.....
Advice: seek a lawyer and have that lawyer send your dealer a nice letter. They owe you.
Bob
I just checked the dealership web site for any recalls and TSB's that are even close to what you say your truck needs. Nothing comes even close. The number you posted is not a valid TSB or recall number.

Make : FORD     Model : F150     Year : 2001 Service Bulletin Num : 15502     Date of Bulletin: DEC 01, 2001 NHTSA Item Number: 630612      Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT Summary: CONCERNS WITH POP/CLUNK/CLICK NOISE FROM THE FRONT SUSPENSION WHEN MAKING LOW-SPEED TURNS IN FORWARD OR REVERSE GEARS. *TT
I'm not sure which website you're checking, but I'm checking with:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm
year: 2001 make: Ford model: F-150 component: front suspension
Or simply search for the NHTSA item number: 630612
Details: Make : FORD Model : F150 Year : 2001 Service Bulletin Num : 15502 Date of Bulletin: DEC 01, 2001 NHTSA Item Number: 630612 Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT Summary: CONCERNS WITH POP/CLUNK/CLICK NOISE FROM THE FRONT SUSPENSION WHEN MAKING LOW-SPEED TURNS IN FORWARD OR REVERSE GEARS. *TT Check to Request Research. Submit below.
Maybe I don't understand this "fix" correctly, but I don't see how a frame-based cross member can be "adjusted". Removing it, bolting it back on, and gluing some other component can hardly be called "adjustment" in my book.

` end
I see you ignored what I said/asked before. Why didn't you pay for the bulletin so you can see what it says? Pick a TSB from the list I gave you, I'll post what ever you want.

Most expensive insurance policy. It is not really a warranty.

I would calmly ask to speak to the shop foreman. I would be extremely polite (you get more bees with honey than vinegar or something like that). Don't forget to kindly mention the TSB (by number).
Explain that you feel that this is not an adjustment and that it should be covered by the warranty.
If you don't get any satisfaction, ask to get the factory rep's contact info and politely contact the factory rep. If that doesn't work, send a kindly worded letter to Bill Ford (the pres. of Ford).
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

AND... ask to see the factory recommended maintenance schedule for the cross member "adjustment"...
Rob
snipped-for-privacy@usdatanet.net says...

NHTSA Item Number 630612 Service Bulletin Number 15502
See this page for info fron NHTSA:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/results.cfm

I've talked to the service manager and the mechanic. The problem is that Ford's policy defines "adjustment" as tigthening or repositioning anything on the car that hasn't already fallen off.
To use an example, if the rear bumper came loose it's not covered under warranty. If the bumper fell off after coming loose, this is covered under warranty.
The service manager tried to explain to me that "service adjustments" are covered under the 3/36 warranty, but I used allignment and brake service as an example of when this wouldn't apply.
The dealer didn't turn the claim into Ford's warranty (insurance) program for processing, they denied the claim in house.
The fine details of the "premium care" warranty are interesting. The cross memember isn't explicitly mentioned as covered, but it's not explicitly mentioned as not covered either. I'm used to exclusionary or inclusionary warranties.. This one seems to be a bit of both.

Can you make it so it falls off? ;-)
Botling in place and gluing it in place does not sound like an "adjustment." An adjustment is turning a few bolts or screws so that it works better or is better aligned.
Next time you buy a vehicle, read the insurance policy carefully (it's not a warranty, but really insurance). And pocket the money yourself and do self-insurance. After a few vehicles, even if you get burned once or twice, you will be ahead. They sell these policies because they make money on them.
I still think the best thing to do is talk to the owner of the dealership (I forgot this before), then the factory rep and finally send a letter to Bill Ford. Depending on the cost of the repair, you could also sue them in small claims court and maybe get a lawyer. It might be cheaper to take it to an independent shop and get it done there, too. Less hassle, too. Don't forget to mention the NHTSA TSB.
Jeff
That number you refer to as a Ford TSB number 15502 is very probably a Special Service Message. That freakin' NHTSA website (and a lot of other places) piles SSM's and TSB's in one big heap and calls them all TSB's. Not true. Anyway, the only way you'll get the full text of that thing is to pay for the research on NHTSA or get someone at a Ford dealer (or here) to run an OASIS report on the vehicle. Again, its not a TSB (as defined by Ford) and a place like Alldata won't have it. Sorry to hear of your issues with the truck. A cross-member repair of that fashion is one hell of an adjustment. I wish you luck.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (DriveSpy) wrote in message

d snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (darin Ginther) wrote in message That number you refer to as a Ford TSB number 15502 is very probably a Special Service Message. That freakin' NHTSA website (and a lot of other places) piles SSM's and TSB's in one big heap and calls them all TSB's. Not true. Anyway, the only way you'll get the full text of that thing is to pay for the research on NHTSA or get someone at a Ford dealer (or here) to run an OASIS report on the vehicle. Again, its not a TSB (as defined by Ford) and a place like Alldata won't have it. Sorry to hear of your issues with the truck. A cross-member repair of that fashion is one hell of an adjustment. I wish you luck. The guy is full of shit, there is no frame adjustment.
"Adjustment "as in dealer warranty adjustment to pay for repair you shit for brains! "
So, where does your orginal post say anything about a "warranty adjustment"
d snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (darin Ginther) wrote in message

cross member adjsutment. Shit for brains? Your the asshole that gets a "TSB" title with out paying for the information and goes to a dealership with only a title. How stupid are you?