Ford F-150 Door Locks

I have a 99 F-150. Last spring, my dad and I tinted the windows ourselves. After we tinted the windows, the door locks have not worked properly. When I
use the keyless entry or switch, I see hear the locks trying to work and a little movememt like there isn't enough power to push them up. I can use the switches on either door to lock only the passenger door, but not the driver door. On the driver door, I have to push the lock down. I spoke to a rep at the dealership and they seem to think it is the acutators. Is there anything else that it could be?
Thanks,
Chris