Ford F-150 SRS light problem

SRS indicator lamp on 1997 F150
I replaced the heater core on my 1997 Ford F180. It was pretty straight forward and the replacement was successful,
however I have generated another problem. The SRS light is on in the dash panel. All of the other electrical components are functioning properly.
Any suggestions??
Thank You, Terry
Does the light blink or is it solid?
Feb 15, 2005 at 10:41 PM

I removed the passenger SRS module and the light came on when I re-installed the battery.
The light doed not blink
OK... I understand that the battery was reconnected before the airbag module was reconnected?? If this is the case, you may only need to clear the code. Once an SRS problem is seen, it can take many, many key cycles to clear the code.
The best way to clear these codes is to use a scan tool capable of communicating with proprietary modules but disconnecting the battery and touching the cables together may work.
HTH.

My first thought would be that the passenger side bag didn't get plugged in.
Feb 15, 2005 at 10:41 PM

The passenger side SRS module was re-connected.
The steering colmn was dropped to the seat to remove the dash panel,but no wires wee streched and all wires are reconnected.
Could the computer be confused?

recheck the connections you prolly bent one
hurc ast