FORD factory 6 DISC CD unit. Can I ad an AMP and SUB to the factory system while keeping the stock head unit??

To anyone out there who knows about, and is a fan of, the Ford factory 6 disc Cd head unit:
I just got a new 2005 F350 and I really really kinda want the FACTORY
head unit, 6 disc cd player. I kinda like the design and simplicity, and ergonomics of the factory unit, I like the way it looks, and think it also seems like a good stereo with all the features I need. Would anyone else agree??
Ok, so my question now is does anyone know if I can ad an AMPLIFIER, and lets say a sub-woofer and a little bit more of a high end system with punch, WITH this FACTORY HEAD UNIT??
I might buy one from a junkyard or ebay but am now thinking I'd really like to also upgrade the rest of the system a little bit. But I like the factory look.

Can I hook up an AMP & SUB with a factory head unit in my new truck?
Thanks to anyone who can help me with this answer!
Ben
ps. I might not even want or need to change the factory speakers either, but just want to ad a little more juice! You know what I mean!!

The 6 disc in dash on my Ford Escape has a subwoofer in the right rear quarter panel. I wonder if you have s subwoofer already, or if this unit at least has the connector for it.
--
---
Most aftermarket car amplifiers have both low and high level inputs.

(\_ _/)
My choice for adding bass is a amplified Bazooka tube. Running one now in a '00 Sable wagon, fits just nice in the rear under floor compartment and just tapped into the power & speakers in the rear panel where the factory amp. is. Stock Mach system has no bass at all. Typical weak Ford sound system. Tube was prev. in a 94 Taurus. Goes in and out without any major visible mods. to the vehicle.