Ford Fiesta 2001 ECU Fault

Has anyone had any problems with the ECU on a UK model Fiesta 1.25 2001?

Keeps throwing up an O2 sensor heater fault code. has had both upstream and downstream sensors replaced but made no difference, wiring loom seems to be ok. looks like ECU. Any advice?

TIA

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Dix

"Looks to be OK" isn't much to go on....

A PCM isn't going to be cheap no matter which side of the pond you live on.... What I would do... the very first would be to get a wiring diagram for this application - without this, anything is no better than a guess... Test the circuits.... powers, grounds, relays, relay control circuits - whatever it take.... Check for shorts to ground, continuity, shorts to power... test the circuits ability to carry a load.... I've seen lots' of circuits ohm good but can't deliver the current flow required.

It's your wallet.... use it wisely...

Reply to
Jim Warman