Ford Fiesta 2003 Zetec

Hi, I have recently bought a fiesta zetec 2003 reg online at a car supermarket. Looks good and drives lovely but something is bugging me. I will not get the
log book through the post for a while and I'm not sure whether a log book specifies the model of a car but....you know how usually the name and model of the car is on the boot...well on mine it doesn't say fiesta or zetec...it's just blank. Is this common? I'm wandering if I have bben sold a different model or if it's maybe been in an accident and just had the hatchback replaced. Regards, vicky

Interesting question this one!
There are some clues. First off, what engine does it have? If it's a 1.25, then as far as I know Ford never sold a Fiesta 1.25 Zetec in the new shape. They only sold two 1.4s - the petrol and the superb TDCi.
Zetecs also get alloy wheels and electric front windows as standard, but an alarm and air condition were options. Heated electric mirrors are also an option, whereas they're standard on the LX.
You can get clues on the car's model from the specification, but if you want to be sure (or if you need to be sure), talk to your Ford dealership. Ask them to check the registration number (or VIN) in their database, and they'll be able to tell you the exact model...
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

You lucky thing, I normally have to spend ages steaming those damned badges off my new cars. Look at the engine the zetec design usually has the word zetec cast onto it somewhere but your handbook will tell you what to look for. If there is no handbook with it just take it to your local Ford dealer and ask them, they will be pleased to advise a potential customer.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......

But in this case, all engines are either a Zetec-SE or the PSA / Ford TDCi...
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com