Ford Fiesta

My daughters Silver Fiesta 1997 model is painted white under the bonnet, The V5 says Silver So that is the original colour. Did ford paint silver over a whit base and leave the hidden
stuff White. I have looked all over the car there is no evidence of a respray/colour change, under carpets behind rubber seals. Deep in the boot of the car suspension caps etc there is evidence of white. The change between silver and white allong the bonnet area looks like it has been done with a machine controlled spray system. There are no sharp masking tape lines and absolutely no overspray spray anywhere in the engine compartment.
Please reasure me this is not a respray job.
Thanks Dave Essex

In every Ford I've had, it's all been the one colour.

It could be coincidence, it could be that it's had a new bonnet. Have you talked to your Ford dealership? Their records should show what the original colour was.
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

It may have been a professional job. It's not unknown for somebody to buy the right car in the right specification but in the wrong colour, with the idea being to get it resprayed.
A bit extreme for a Ford Fiesta, though. But possible.
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Maybe the hood (boot) was replaced for whatever reason. Cars often get damaged during shipment.
Bill