Ford Fiesta Door Lock Problem

My wife tried getting into her car today, but the lock has stuck, i eventually opened it by entering via the passenger door to unlock it, but something seems to be stuck, the door won't even open via the outside door
handle when it's unlocked, after i took the door liner off, i still cant get to the lock as it's encased inside a metal case, have you any ideas at all how i can get to it to sort it out at all, as i need to get it MOT'd etc and don't really fancy getting ripped off by a garage its a 1994 5 door Mistral, Many thanks kungfukid
Door locks don't form part of the MOT, as long as the door can be opened from the inside AND outside for the front doors, and inside OR outside for the rear doors. it sounds like the lock needs rebuilding with new barrel plates, quite common on ford locks, you can get a repair kit from ford, quite a fiddly job to do but the only way if you have a chipped key, other than replacing the keys and having them re-programmed. drill the rivets out that hold the metal cover plate in. steve.

Hi Steve.
I am trying to remove the cover surrounding the door lock and have found the screw in the end of the door.
Two rivets have been mentioned. I tried to find them but the window guide seems to be part of this cover. Please can you advise (an old man) precisely where the two rivets are placed. Thank you for any kind ness shown.
Brian