Ford Fiesta GHIA1993 1.3 CFI Petrol

I have a problem I left car standing with battery disconnected on reconnecting it will not start, I switch off and ignition lights stay on. I touch the brake pedal & they go out.
There is no spark at the plugs. I disconnect again and the lights stay off until I operate the switch same thing happens again. Anybody got any suggestions. Many thanks BIRDY