Ford Fiesta MK4 PROBLEM

Hello News Group I have a problem with my P reg 1.25 16V Ford fiesta. I was driving the car and the engine cut out I now have the problem that the car
will not start it just makes a clicking noise. A mechanic told me that the engine may be gone but I dont belive him I thinking that the problem may be linked to the throtle control does any body know ???? what the problem may be.
Thanks In Advance Jonathan White
very difficult to say with so little information, "cutting out" could mean anything. did it suddenly cut out, did it slowly die, does the engine turn when you try and start it, and what makes you think it has anything to do with the throttle ??? let us know........

was
be
Well the original problem was to do with the Mass air flow sensor but the garage told me the problem I had original of the car just losing power when travelling along was to do with the throttle position sensor. The car just cut out and would not restart when I turn the key now I just get a clicking noise.

car
the
may
hiya,
is the clicking from the starter motor 'cos the battery is now flat? if it is flat, is it 'cos you've been turning the engine over and over or 'cos the alternator wasn't charging (no power = no engine electrics = stop)
pottsy

when
clicking