Ford Focus bent wheel, bad vibration.

Hello all,

I have a 2006 Ford Focus and I managed to slide into a curb on my way to work after our snowstrom here in Minnesota. I didn't think I hit that hard but I noticed a vibration on my way home. I figured it was ice and snow built up in the wheels, so I pulled them all off an knocked it out. It was then when I noticed my left front rim was bent in slightly. I moved that wheel to the back and put all the wheels back on. I know i will have to get the wheel replaced eventually, but I am a bit strapped for cash at the moment. The vibration has not changed at all and I am worried I may have bent a tie rod or worse. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
instructionset

The car is not safe to drive as is. Take it to your mechanic and find out what the problems are. This might be covered by insurance because it was a crash. Until you know what is really wrong, you can't make an intelligent decision on what to do.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Even with the wheel on the back you will feel the bent rim walking around. I have sent rims to

for straightening but I admit it's a little beyond a local stop for you. New expect to pay $250 used $150 to $190 and a straighen/repair $60 to $90 if there isn't a lot of welding. Even with huge welds on the inside, tire shops have been amazed the wheels ran true on the machine and didn't need any extra weights.

Bill

Reply to
BerkshireBill