Ford Focus TDCI (2004) - KEY WON`T START CAR

*My 2004 Ford Focus Estate TDCI (ex-Police) Nearly every time I try to start car up I get nothing but a click sound ( like a relay) However having said that if I try to start car after a short while it stats no problem. Battery, Starter, Relays and fuses all checked and okay. This fault on and off over the past fortnight. I`m currently using a Transponder key with a chip. This was cut around 12 months ago as I replaced ignition barrel at that time because the one original remote key which I received with the car was badly worn and would no longer turn on the ignition. As a last resort if I can`t get to the bottom of this problem Is there a way in which I could permanently do away with the vehicles immobilizer and use a standard key in the ignition? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Reply to
EXCALLIBER461