Ford Freestyle Seat Question

I'm looking at buying an '06 Freestyle, but have heard that the cloth seats stain easily even with water. Anybody have any experience with this? Can the seats just be "Scotchguarded"?
Personally I'm not too crazy about leather seats, I'd rather have cloth, but will go that route if needed. Thanks!
Tony
Can the seats just be "Scotchguarded"?
What about seat covers?