ford gas milage

I'm facing the same problem with my Ford Escort '96.

> >My guess is this. Since people never want to be stranded, >they try to fill the tank when the fuel gauge mark shows something >slightly less than 1/3rd. I guess, Ford expects people to >think, "Wow! This car goes 230-240 miles for 2/3 tank, so it will >go 325-330 for a full tank. Good effeicieny." Whereas only >those very few who tried going the full tank, will realise that a >full tank lasts only 300 miles and that the fuel gauge tries >to create an illusion of very good gas effeciency. > >If my guess is correct, it would be a dubious as well as poor >advertisement policy adopted by Ford.

lmfao

ford thinks of one thing the cheapest and quickest way if ford wants coustomers it would build something RELIABLE

hurc ast

Reply to
mindy5734

My Contour is reliable. after 115,000, all I have to do is replace the catalytic convertors once, under warranty, the brakes 3 or 4 times including all 4 rotors once, and two wheel bearings. Of course, I change the oil every year, whether it needs or not (I use the new Mobil High Endurance 15,000 mi oil).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

i rest my case hurc ast