Ford Gets It: Not Everyone Loves Chrome

Read through a few reviews of the Ford Fusion, and you'll notice that few are able to avoid reference to the midsized sedan's polarizing chrome grille. Though
different reviewers compare the gaudy grille to different brand-name razors, the consensus seems to be that it's more than a little over the top. Certainly no other car [...] Read More: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/ford-gets-it-not-everyone-loves-chrome /
----------------------------------- Ford NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/Ford.html
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 28, 3:10 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Well, I love chrome, and I also look the flat rat rod look.
both are beautiful. but painted bumpers like on ford rangers aren't worth looking at. my ford XL has too little chrome.
Add pictures here
✖
....anyone remember when the front of a car was metal (whether stainless, chromed potmetal or stamped aluminum) and you could drive thru rain, snow, sleet, down gravel country roads and encounter bugs, pebbles, birds, rocks, snowballs, rubbish - even sand - without doing hundreds of dollars worth of damage to your paintwork?
and yes, I keep bras on my cars: they avoid some damage but not all, and look like hell.
best of all, a bird hits your painted or chrome-plated plastic grill and breaks it......and it's hundreds (if not thousands) to replace a flimsy bit fluff.
while I'm ranting: those old big chrome bumpers could take a bash, too. so now we have plastic-covered "bumper systems" that are impacting-absorbing........and cost $2000 to replace when someone backs into you in a parking lot.
Add pictures here
✖