Ford Granada

Hi all
Hope you can help with this
Drove to work this morning and all was well
Driving home it was colder (think that might have some bearing) and the
alternator belt was screaming like a banshee, slipping almost continuously :-( boy did I feel cool !!!
Belts about 6 months old, did it up as tight as I could at the time but I guess it could be tighter, but hasn't been slipping like this before, just the occasional squeak. Any hints and tips really appreciated as ear defenders are pricey !!!!
TIA
Tim

I agree. It happens. Sounds awefull.
C8oe