Ford GT, anyone have tech specs?

There are no technical specs or tech manual downloads on FMC website. Does anyone know of a good place to find online info about the GT. I am deeply infatuated with Ford's new mid-engine supercar and must know more.

Reply to
juice man

"juice man" wrote in news:m77Lb.24920$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

As if you are able to buy one?

Reply to
donutbandit

Did a 2min "Google" search for Ford GT and found this Ford web site that gives the specs. for the 2005 GT.

I saw a recent review in one of the Auto mags at the newsstand a couple of days ago. I believe they tested a prototype Ford GT40 against the new Porche and Ferrari. It did quite well and is estimated to cost $150k.

I.Care

Reply to
I. Care

Actually, the new Ford GT's are no longer called GT40's. They cost between $100k to $140k. That price range is just as much as the high end Porsches. The high end Ferraris can cost up to $180k. Supercars are very expensive and if you were to buy one, your insurance would be skyrocketed through the roof.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

The Porsche I read about in "Motor Trend" I believe, was the 2004 Porsche Carrera GT Tech. It wasn't $140k. Estimated at $450k.

I.Care

Reply to
I. Care

This may still be a concept car.

I.Care

Reply to
I. Care

The Porsche Carrera GT Tech is still a concept car priced at an estimate of $450k. Anyway, there were McLaren F1 production based cars (street legal, of course) which costs exactly $1,000,000. McLaren doesn't make F1's anymore. My brother took a picture of a Mclaren F1 show car at a Trans-Am race at Limerock Park in Connecticut last year.

~CyberWolf.

Reply to
CyberWolf