Ford has to stop putting family in CEO positions

Just because he is the great grandfather of Henry Ford, he should be the CEO. Latest news states Bill Ford states "the company had been caught off
guard by the speed of the consumer shift away from pickups and SUVs to more fuel-efficient vehicles" Is this guy an idiot or what? High gas prices = low pickup sales. Ford/GM/Chrylser..all get whats comming to them from the past
HAHAHHAHAHHA die die die
Saul wrote:

Well, you got your wish. The new CEO has spent his entire career up till now at Boeing. How that qualifies him to run a large manufactured consumer products company is beyond me.
John
He turned boeing around, thats how.. Does that qualify him., or perhaps if his last name was ford, he would be qualified
LOL

I'm no Saul wrote:

I'm no Bill Ford fan, but I also am very skeptical of someone with no experience in the kind of business Ford is in taking charge and making things happen. I also don't trust Bill Ford to hand pick a replacement, which seems to be what he has done.
The board of directors at FOMOCO is ineffective in part because at the end of the day the family does whatever they feel like doing even though they only own 5% of the stock and only own that thanks to lucky births.
Nobody who knows what they are really doing is minding the store and the board of directors is really a rubber stamp operation.
John

In a way he is doing exactly what Henry Ford II did. After II took over the company in the forties, he hired a bunch of military "geniuses" to run the company (remember McNamara?). They more or less got the business end of thing straightened out and eventually product guys moved back to the top.
And it wasn't Bill Ford that picked Nasser.

And this is different from most US corporations in what way? I've seen companies turned over to incompetent CEOs who cook the book to make themselves look good while raking off millions (or even billions) and then leave the company in shambles. It is unlikely Bill Ford will walk away. And he isn't even taking a salary right now (not that he needs one).

Just like most large US corporations. When the economy is growing strongly these guys look good. They are exposed as a bunch of rubber stamps when thing get a little tight.
Ed
How much Ford stock do you own, that you get to attend board meetings?
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

I made no claim about attending board meetings. My conclusions and inferences are based on the announced results of those meetings. If you are looking for insider information I'm afraid you need to look elsewhere.
John
Sometimes we need to take a step back..... the bottom line is customer satisfaction. We often see those with good product knowledge screw up real bad..... Fresh blood just may be the answer... someone that hasn't been "jaded" by the system.
Our service manager doesn't know squat about cars.... she does understand customers..... and we are better for it...

1) The Ford family owns a lot of the stock.
2) A lot of people were caught off-guard. Ford and a lot of other people didn't expect the price of gas to rise so fast. It is a valid statement.
Jeff
Caught off guard? Are you kidding me or what? American consumptiopn is growing, India and Chian and a host of other comming online competing with the US for oil... Aside from the lage oil find today, where do you think new oil is comming from? All Ford could do is sell pickups. period. The Asisn are kicking Ford arse all over this country. His grandfather is responsible for the downfall of Ford, not having the brains to look foward, and look aside at the aisians comming...
HAHAHHAHAHHA

Hey, does Bill Ford have a 25 year son? Perhaps he can be the new CEO to 'take on the Japenese"
LOL

Ford and GM are heading down a slippery slope - and faster every month now
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8K5PA700.htm http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/05/31/109507.html
Ford's method of slashing its labor force is similar to cuts made earlier this year by larger rival General Motors Corp. At GM, 34,410 hourly workers have accepted buyouts or early retirement offers, and the company cut 2,000 salaried workers.
Ford, GM and DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler unit are struggling with the need to reduce their so-called "legacy costs" of big pay and benefits packages for workers and retirees.