Ford Ka 1997

Has anyone else had a problem with the oil light coming on and the engine cutting out for a couple of seconds. This problem is happening intermittently, and yes i have checked the oil and that is fine, there are no leaks, and the local gargage can find nothing wrong with it so i have got an expensive visit to the main ford dealer. I have heard that this is a common problem on focus's. Any comments?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I forgot to say it had a new battery put in about 5 days before the problem started......is htis of any relevence?

Reply to
Rob

Not much help but I've never heard of that being a problem on a Focus...

Alex

Reply to
Alex Harrington

Reply to
Thomas Moats

No the engine loses power like it is cutting out but it keeps running, the last time it did it i was doing 75 ish down the motorway and it scared the shit out of me i dropped about 10 mph due to the lose of power and then the oil light went off and it was fine again

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
Thomas Moats