Ford KA Air Conditioning

Hi I've got a X Reg Ford KA Collection with air con.
Problem i have is that when i turn on the air con to cool the car down it doesn't feel cold at all I leave it for 5 or 10 minutes but its
warm/normal air coming out not cold air. Has anyone had the same problem and whats the solution.
Thanks Neil snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk
do the cooling fans work

since there are always small gas leaks on the compressor shaft seal..... any garage for about 50 notes.