Ford KA - steering drift problems?

My girlfriend has recently bought an 02 plate Ford KA. Soon after gettgin it she has begun complaining of the steering not feeling right. I took it
out but didn't notice anything. That was until I took it on the motorway!! The best way I can describe it is similar to when you're driving in high winds and all of a sudden the car just shifts or veers off slightly to one side. Anyone have any ideas what this is likely to be caused by? CAr was only MOT'd a few weeks before.
Hiya,
Think I'd check the front suspension bottom A arm bushes, seem to be a problem on all front wheel drive Fords. The mot should have picked it up but it's easily missed.
this could be any thing,steering UJ - although these go tight than slack repeatly when cornering so i dont think its this in this case wishbone bushes creak/knock when going over bumps again i dont think its this i have had this problem on escorts and it was the planet gears inside the diff' throwing the vehicle to one side.i think its this (its cheaper-and quicker, to fit a recon box than to overhaule) note; this is not a testable item on the MOT test