Ford kills SVT unit

2007 Shelby Cobra Mustang to be performance division's swan song
Source: Autoblog
http://tinyurl.com/f47ew
Too bad, but inevitable. There's no way Ford could continue to justify
SVT, considering current market and Corporate fiscal conditions.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

I WANT MY SVT!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Oh, but the GT's ok...

???
Maybe you dont understand, SVT stands for Special Vehicle Team... which is a design/development engineering unit or department.
It should have no effect on production, once the model is in production. And certainly not on the GT, which was just a starting point for SVT.
In fact the 'Shelby Cobra' edition might continue to be produced for years... or as long as this platform is current, anyway.
I imagine the SVT badge might die... but there could be a successor, in which Ford would contract with an outside firm to do the design and production engineering.
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

My point was that the SVT unit is/was far more important than building the GT.

April First? Ya, OK.

Yeah too bad, the only division of Ford that had *some* level of quality getting the axe. How unfortunate.
-GV

Mebbe not.. especially if those guys are sent to the same dept as designed the feeble 500.
you pay..DEAL with it!