Ford Laser Electrics

I have a 1985 Ford Laser, 1300cc, and under the hood (bonnet) there is a matchbox-sized plastic block bolted to the left-hand-side, with a positive lead coming in one side of it, and two loops of cloth-covered
wire out the other side. Is this some sort of fuse block? If not, what purpose might it serve? I can't remember what is written on this, and it is cold, dark and wet outside at present. Whatever it was, it didn't help me with this item's purpose. Any ideas? TIA.