Ford Laser Electrics

I have a 1985 Ford Laser, 1300cc, and under the hood (bonnet) there is a matchbox-sized plastic block bolted to the left-hand-side, with a positive lead coming in one side of it, and two loops of cloth-covered wire out the other side. Is this some sort of fuse block? If not, what purpose might it serve? I can't remember what is written on this, and it is cold, dark and wet outside at present. Whatever it was, it didn't help me with this item's purpose. Any ideas? TIA.

Reply to
Dunne E. Dawe