Ford Laser water pump replacement

Hi all,

I have just replaced the water pump in a KE Laser and have a few questions.

As I did not have the luxury of working on the engine out of the vehicle, I have left the plastic cowlings that normally go over the timing belt off - is this a problem?

What is the best way to get the timing belt back on to the cam pulley? I have marked the original position so that isn't a problem (I hope!) My current plan is to sit the belt in some hot water to make it more flexible and (hopefully) expand it a bit to make it fit - is the OK to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Cam

Reply to