Ford Lincoln Mk. VIII vehicle alarm defeat-1996

Hi! Anyone out there know how to defeat the factory alarm system on a Mark 8? Alarm goes off randomly and I dont think its worth troubleshooting too
deeply- from the schematics it looks like the 3 fuses associated with the alarm also power other functions, but it looks like simply disconnecting alarm module will kiil it without other problems, since related relays are normally open for alarm functions like flashing lights, starter defeat, etc. Any ideas are appreciated. thanx, bob (ignatz)
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Go To www.lincolnsonline.com . Check out the Tech Forum and post it in the Mark VIII forum. That's the best site for anything Lincoln.
Thanx - disconnected it and all was fine. bob
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Hi! Anyone out there know if it is feasible to just disconnect the lock-out torque converter on this car due to the vibration/shudder? The thought occurs to me that other than a slight loss of gas mileage this might be the easiest way to get thru the winter with this car. Any ideas are appreciated. thanx, ignatz
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Change fluid in tranny & t/c - replace filter, use Mercon V - it will go away in 100 miles or so.
Worked great in my '95 CV -
There is also a Lubeguard stuff called Dr. Tranny's shudder fix - got me thru a winter until I could do the fluid service - comes in a little tube like toothpaste - not a paste tho.. was $10 or so...
PoD

OK - great- will give that a try. thanx, bob
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Hi my name is paul i have the same problem with the 1996 mrk 8 alarm its driving me and my neighbors crazy could you let mr know how you disabled it?
Hi! Yes, they are way too sensitive-just take the bottom dash cover off on passenger side. There is a tan-colored module that you need to remove and disconnect from harness. You might take one of the battery cables off beforehand just to be sure. No more alarm, but remote lock , unlock functions on key fob will still work, as will the panic alarm,and the trunk open function. good luck, bob