Ford Metor Engine

i was wondering if any one could give me the low down on chaging my Ford Metor Engine. My little beast has just about no power and i was wondering if getting a reconditioned enigne would better cus a friend
of my said maybe it was getting old. Plus i don't think the owners befor eme looked after it too well.

Reading between the lines there; specifically, what you DONT say or dont know enough to say..."If you have to ask it that way, you cant afford it"... and no amount of help we gave you would be good advice. Other than sell the car for something better suited to you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Meteor
you pay..DEAL with it!
Take it to a shop and see if there's something wrong with it. If they say that's the best it can do then another one will be about the same. Don't forget, there's a price to pay for gettint 50 M.P.G. If you want speed, you could always call a cab and tell the driver there's an extra few pounds in it to get you there quickly.