Ford modeo1994 - help auto gearbox

My 1994 (m) 2.0 mondeo gearbox only works for first minute then seem like its sliping. If I leave the engine running I cant get gears. I have to stop the car leave it for a minute and then I have gears again for a
minute.
is it an autobox? is there any oil in it?
is it a manual box? the clutch is stuft?

Its auto box. oil level fine. no leaks out of box. drained oil, correct amount. refiled new oil with correct amount as it says in manual. no difference.
please don't be insulted, but do you know how to check the oil level? park on level ground run it until warm, run through every gear on the quadrant three times put it into park and wait a minute with the engine still running, check the oil level
it does sound like the oil level is dropping too far when the torque converter fills up.