ford mondeo - 1.8d - starting problem

having problem with starting !! - wont start off battery but will if towed/bumped. new battery fitted 5wks ago - if battery is disconnected overnight it will start first time - but if battery is left connected -
wont start - something is draining battery power !! any ideas- garage are talking about a auto-electrician - sound too expensive....
alanandmandy wrote:

See here for some possibilities: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t@908

You can go to google groups and do a search on others with your problem, they have been discussed here, time to time.
Diagnosing this requires a basic electrical understanding. Find a friend or co-worker, if you're not up to working with a meter, and test light.
But first look for a light that burns despite it should be off. and Try disconnecting alternator power lead overnight.
you pay..DEAL with it!