ford mondeo

my ford mondeos fuel gauge stays at full so i dont know how much fuel is in it! can any one help me solve this! cheers Alan.

Splice a rheostat into the line and slowly turn it lower (higher resistance) whilst driving. -or- See if you can find the wire harness leading to the tank... probably a connector you can unhook. The Fuel pump wont run either... but see if the gauge still shows full.
Cheers.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, ...Fulham 1-0 Chelskum.... Heh!

alanmichmel wrote:

It's either a stuck sender float in the tank, or a short in the sender wire. Pull the sender connection at the tank; if the gouge goes down, it's the sender float. If the gauge stays up, there's a break in the sender wire, shorting to body ground.
whats the sender connection look like at the tank? is that the one that goes under my back seat?
Hi does anyone know what the sender connection looks like and where it is cheers Alan

ask on www.contour.org
if you get no results here
you pay..DEAL with it!
alanmichmel wrote: