Ford Mondeo '98: problems when replacing bearing

I tried to replacing the front bearing on my Ford Mondeo TD estate '98 today. First, I had to remove the brake disc by smashing it into pieces. But what should I do now?! I don't understand what to remove
next, I simply can't see what to release to reach the bearing itself.
I hope someone has replaced the front bearings and now can help me!
Smashed the rotor into pieces, eh? You must have used a lot of freon to freeze the forged steel, only now stop sucking on the tube!!!
On 31 Jan 2005 12:27:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@student.hig.se (nf01jhl) wrote:

Changed the left front on my '96 Mystique a month or so ago. You NEED to remove the knuckle assembly from the ball joint and the strut first.This requires carefully knocking the axle shaft out of the hub (it is a bit tighter than the average slip fit). Then you need either the special service toolT81P-1104-c and D79L-4621-A or a good press and press plates to push the hub out of the bearing. Then you remove the snap rings that hold the bearing into the knuckle and press the bearing out. On mine it was so tight the 20 ton press would not budge it untill I heated it up - a lot. Then you press the new bearing in, re-install the snap rings, and pull the hub into the bearing with a threaded drawbar.
Definitely NOT a backyard job.