Ford Part # E4ZF-9095A

What is this part??? and what does it do?
TIA

from the part prefix, it's for a '84 ford, and it's fuel related. without digging further i cant tell more. good luck, samm
--
"me" <nospamme+ snipped-for-privacy@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:FiwUa.81324$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.central.cox.net...
lol, it's on my 88 ford taurus right now... and it's connected ot some pipes... and those pipes are disconnected. i just couldn't figure out what those pipes are and where they go
thanks

me wrote:

Did you mean pipes or hoses? Pipes are usually hard and mostly metal. Hoses are soft and mosly rubber.
If you meant hoses, then most likely it is the MAP sensor. 1984 is the original design date until something changes.
If you meant pipes, then I don;t know.
3.8 engine? PFE.

i meant hoses sorry

The question is what engine? How many hoses are to this device? Where is the location of this device?

it's the 3.0v6 vulcan it has one hose then it splits off into two with a tiny hose, and one hose that's about 4". it has E4ZF-9095A connected in there. the connector is right by the radiator on the left hand side (driver sitting inside), but it might not be in its proper location
thanks

The only thing I can think of in that location would be the canister purge solenoid.
is it important?!

To the Federal government yes.

Mine has been disconnected for 12 years. The immediate difference that I noticed is that the engine started quicker and has run better all these years.
Really now. Put one of those tornados in your intake. I'll bet you get an extra 10 MPG!

On 28 Jul 2003 04:07:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Tomcat14) wrote:
<snip>

If this is true the canister was loaded with liquid fuel and the purge valve (or PCM) was bad OR the purge line itself had a vacuum leak.
(Tomcat14) wrote:

No canister. No purge system. No air pump, injection valves or lines No air management system..(Control module active,no feedback) No converter. TC lock up hard wired to a dash switch. Modified EGR curve. Modified distributor.
After the car was 5-6 years old maintaining these items became a money issue and I just did the best I could to make it run well. It does seem to run beter than before, but I admit it could be selective perception. Newer cars run much better.
so will the purge canister affect the driveability of the car at all?
will it drive worse?
thanks
(Tomcat14) wrote:

It will provide very little drivability problems.