Ford Plant Closures

I read an article today in our paper stating Ford will be pay $100,000.00 each to all of its workers loosing their jobs due to plant closures. I find this rediculous by a company that can't produce a quality vehicle and sales are slumping. I owned a Ranger for a couple years and it was pathetic in every aspect. Got smart and bought a Toyota Tacoma. What outstanding quality!!!! Another newspaper article I read said the average auto maker is paid $64.00 an hour. Not bad for someone standing on an assembly line installing the same part over and over. I have no sympathy at all for the American auto makers with this kind of wages. Another point - the good old unions are getting so greedy they are killing profitability. A happy Toyota owner

Reply to
Zeenithman

Citing a source would add to the credulity of your post....

I might believe an article that said "each laid off worker COULD cost Ford as much as $100,000...". I would find it hard to call Ford down for this circumstance... apparently the power of the UAW is lost on you. I can assure you that this isn't anything that Ford WANTS to do.

Similarly, the statement regarding assembly line workers earning $64 per hour..... based on a 40 hour work week, that would be about $11,000 per month. If we had a shred of common sense, we would question the article rather than repeat it...

Your sig line is interesting..... why would a happy Toyota owner be concerned with a Ford NG..... I rechecked the quality (or the lack of quality) regarding the statements made and could only come up with one reason..... penis envy.....

I have no sympathy at all for those with so little happening in their lives that they cannot find any other pleasure than too engage in useless newsgroup postings designed to be inciteful. FWIW, you can't even do that well...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Rick

That 100 grand is a buyout. If you accept it, you no longer have any health care or pension.

Where do you get the $64.00 per hour figure? When I retired last year, after 40 years as an electrician, my pay rate was $30.05 per hour. I seriously doubt that my benefits cost GM $33.95 per hour. Production workers on the line made about $4.00 per hour less than I did.

Also, I don't consider my $1800.00 per month pension excessive.

Web Site:

David Starr