Ford Probe 95 manual transmission shift problem

I have a problem shifting manual transmission Probe95 GT while engine is on , there is no problem with engine off...any sugestions thanks

on
From this wealth of information I would guess the clutch is dragging. (Not fully disengaging when you push the clutch pedal down.)
Al
Thanks All all I can add to info is, that I have no problem shifting with engine off, only when I start the engine is allmost impossible to put lever in any gear....any sugestions how to solve that ? is there any adjustment on shift cable ....or maybe its time to replace the clutch.....Probe GT has 160 000 km on it , thanks again

Is it any easier if you match revs? Basically trying to shift as if there were no clutch...
It seems as though there is a problem with the cable... And for my edification, is there a clutch master?
thanks
n t68Qc.10737$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com from 8/4/04 12:26 PM , snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

The probe has a hydraulic clutch. There is no cable, nor an adjustment. Suspect you have a leaky master or slave cylinder.