Ford Probe 95 manual transmission shift problem

I have a problem shifting manual transmission Probe95 GT while engine is on , there is no problem with engine off...any sugestions thanks

Reply to
Les Walancik

From this wealth of information I would guess the clutch is dragging. (Not fully disengaging when you push the clutch pedal down.)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
Les Walancik

Is it any easier if you match revs? Basically trying to shift as if there were no clutch...

It seems as though there is a problem with the cable... And for my edification, is there a clutch master?

thanks

n t68Qc.10737$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com from 8/4/04

12:26 PM , snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Mironchik

The probe has a hydraulic clutch. There is no cable, nor an adjustment. Suspect you have a leaky master or slave cylinder.

Jim Mironchik opined in news:BD373F6A.B618% snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic