Ford Radio 2006 RDS

can anyone instruct on how to enter key code. I have the radio and the code but do not know how to enter the code or send a link (that works) to online manual or something. all I have on the screen is CODE---- pressed some buttons but no response.

Reply to
Sorrell100

do you know the correct code? if you dont know the correct code, the serial number and the model number have to be typed into a computer at any ford dealer if you do know the CORRECT code then the dashs(----)must be flashing,this is done by leaving the key in position 1 for 30 mins note; after 10 attempts(of entering the wrong code)the unit is perminatly locked out.

Reply to
ford_technical_

i think he said he HAD the code, but didnt know how to enter it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

correct, and that 30 minute wait has now allowed me to enter the code. many thanks. Paul

Reply to
Sorrell100

Your dealer should be able to do that.

That is what you pay her for.