FORD RANGER 1898 2WD TEMP GAUGE QUESTION

The temperature gauge stays all the way to the left and doesen't move. this is the L-4 engine. Where exactly is the temp. sending unit on the engine, does anyone have a picture or Ford diagram of its
location? Thanks again for your help. Also, is there any kind of service brakes electrical swithch under the hood? Thanks again in advance. I'm also posting on alt.trucks.ford
snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

Wow, an 1898 Ranger. The temp sender is on the front of the motor just to the right of the timing belt cover IIRC. One wire connector. Look close, you'll find it.

Thanks again, Tom ! I will go outside and see if I can find the temp sending unit in that location. It's a 1989 !! I am only concerned about any switches under the hood. There is a grey plug with a single wire, broken off, which is part of the engine wiring harness. I am trying to find out if it is for the temp sending unit as the temp gauge does not work and, if not, where it goes. Would you happen to have a page of the service manual showing the location of the temp sending unit you could email? This is for a 1989 Ranger L-4 2WD manual trans

To add answers to your questions about the service brakes switch..
I need some clarification on that question. I dont know what kind of switch you are looking for. There is a switch in the fluid resevoir to tell you if its low. There is a switch on the brake pedal to turn on the brake lights. And there is a differential pressure switch that will turn on the red "brake" light on the dash to indicate a leak.
So to answer your question, what kind of switch are you looking for? What is the basis for your question?
Ford Tech

Thanks, Ford Tech ! I am only concerned about any switches under the hood. There is a grey plug with a single wire, broken off, which is part of the engine wiring harness. I am trying to find out if it is for the temp sending unit as the temp gauge does not work and, if not, where it goes. Would you happen to have a page of the service manual showing the location of the temp sending unit you could email? This is for a 1989 Ranger L-4 2WD manual trans.