Ford Ranger 3.0L Knock 130k miles

I have developed a knock in my engine, frontmost cylinder, passenger side... do we call that number 6 or number 3 cylinder?
It sounds to me like it comes from here anyway, i used my listening tool
and thats where the most noise comes from... but it may be in the bottom end as well.
if it were in the bottom end, would it be possible that i would hear it the loudest in the cylinder described?

Camshaft endplay was an issue on that engine. Also skirt collapse and sticky gudgeon pins (wrist pins) I had the engine on my 1990 Aerostar replaced under warranty to get rid of the noise. My 1989 went over 250,000km with the noise - never got better or worse. A friend had the noise and running MMO in the oil (Marvel Mystery Oil) cleared it up Figure it was a sticky pin. Did not help mine.

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Well that sounds like it may be the problem. Like i say its only the one cylynder that "APPEARS" to be making the noise, but it may be something else...
Thanks for the help
At this point, the motor needs to come apart, it will hardly idle anyore. Stalled out 4 times after a 80km trip... will hardly idle