Ford Ranger/Mazda electrical problems ?

According to CONSUMER REPORTS the Ranger/Mazda was prone to electrical problems during the 90's. Can anyone elaborate on the nature of such problems? ( I'm considering purchase of such a truck.) Tnx

CR bases it "problem areas" on replies to its questionnaires. It pretty much treats all items that need repair actions the same (whether they cost $10 or $1000, whether they are covered by warranty or not, etc.). There was a recall on the Rangers ( and some Mazda) for the multifunction switch for vehicles built in the 90's. Therefore virtually every Ranger owner that responded to the CR questionnaire would report a problem with this electrical component. Therefore, CR would show this as a problem area. The multifunction switch was the big hitter that gives the Rangers a black eye. Otherwise the electrical system is pretty average.
Ed
Thanks for the reply, Ed. ( I've owne several cars for an extended periods of time and found that any problems pretty well tracked the Consumer Reports data. )